How Can I Wash My Wig?
1. Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush.
2. Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
3. Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
4. Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
5. Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
6. Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
7. Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
8. Do not use a hair dryer. Air dries only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
9. Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
How Can I Style My Wig?
Your wig can be styled by using a wig brush, a wig comb, or your fingertips. Avoid using a brush designed for human hair. These brushes can create excessive tension, over-stretching the hair with abrasive strokes that may damage the hair. The wigs we carry are “shake & wear” and can be styled by simply using a wide tooth comb or your fingertips. The best styling tool is the most inexpensive; a spray bottle of clean, cool water. Lightly spritz your wig with water to remove static electricity and return your wig to its original look. To achieve style variations, liquid wig mousse is an essential styling tool. For curly or wavy styles, just mousse, hand scrunch, and pick the style into curls. On straight styles, mousse and brush lightly.
How Can I Care For My Wig?
When not in use, always store your wig on a mannequin or wig stand to maintain its shape. Frequency of cleaning will depend on your environment, lifestyle and amount of perspiration. Suggested guidelines for cleaning are after 10 to 14 days of wear. To clean and condition your wig, follow the manufacturer's instructions that come with your wig.
How Can I Measure My Head?
With a tape measure, begin at the front of your hairline and wrap the tape behind your ear to the nape of your neck around to your other ear until the tape meets again at the front of your hairline Average Wig size 95% of the population will fit the average wig size. The comfortable elastic/cloth material stretches and fits head sizes from 21.5”-22.5”.
Can I Dye Human Hair Extensions?
If you chose to dye your hair extensions, as with your own hair it is best only to dye it a few shades darker or lighter. Completely saturate the hair extensions in the hair dye to ensure an even application and leave for the recommended time. We do not recommend using any bleaching agents on the hair as this may cause damage to the extensions and your own hair.
Which Should I Choose Synthetic Or Human Hair?
Today's better quality synthetic wigs are virtually indistinguishable from human hair, except to the most practiced eye. Synthetic wigs are easier to care for and lower priced. The monofilament fiber "hair" used to make synthetic wigs has "memory" which means it maintains its wave or curl, texture and volume, requiring minimal upkeep. Synthetic wigs, however, are not designed to accept a permanent wave or color change and can be permanently damaged by the use of curling irons, blow dryers or hot rollers.
How Many Types Of Human Hair Are Used To Wigs?
There are four basic types of human hair used in wigs: Chinese, Indian, Indonesian and Caucasian (also called European hair). Most human hair wigs are made from Chinese or Indian hair. Caucasian/European is the strongest, most durable human hair for wig making. However, this type of hair is not as readily available and is the most expensive.